I am a Senior Research Assistant (Oberassistent) in Peter Widmayer‘s Algorithms, Data Structures, and Applications Group in the Department of Computer Science at ETH Zürich. I am interested in Algorithms, Game Theory, and Mechanism Design.
Prior to joining ETH I was a LSE Fellow in Mathematics at London School of Economics and did a one-year postdoc with Tim Roughgarden at Stanford University and Éva Tardos at Cornell University. I received my PhD in Computer Science from EPFL. My PhD advisors were Monika Henzinger and Boi Faltings. During my PhD I did summer internships with David C. Parkes at Harvard University and Radu Jurca at Google Switzerland. I received my German Diplom in Computer Science “with distinction” from Universität Karlsruhe (TH). As an undergrad I enjoyed the philosophy seminars of Peter Sloterdijk at HfG Karlsruhe.
I have recently reviewed for Econometrica, Operations Research, Algorithmica, and ACM Transactions on Economics and Computation. In 2015 I will serve as a PC member for the 16th Conference on Economics and Computation (EC’15) and the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI’15). I am also co-organizing an invited session for the Game Theory cluster of the 22nd International Symposium on Mathematical Programming (ISMP’15).
- I will serve on the program committee of the 17th ACM Conference on Economics and Computation (EC’16) to be held in Maastricht, Netherlands.
- I will be talking about a new paper with Felix Fischer and David C. Parkes at Google Research on Oct 8 and Facebook Research on Oct 13.
- I am looking forward to attend the Simons Workshop on Complexity and Simplicity in Economics at Berkeley from Oct 12-16.
- I am currently designing and delivering a Lecture on Algorithmic Game Theory at ETH Zürich. We started off with 98 students!
Some recent papers
- Algorithms against Anarchy: Understanding Non-Truthful Mechanisms, with T. Kesselheim, EC’15
- Algorithms as Mechanisms: The Price of Anarchy of Relax-and-Round, with T. Kesselheim and E. Tardos, EC’15
- The Performance of Deferred-Acceptance Auctions, with V. Gkatzelis and T. Roughgarden, EC’14
- Modularity and Greed in Double Auctions, with T. Roughgarden and I. Talgam-Cohen, EC’14
- Mechanisms with Unique Learnable Equilibria, with T. Kesselheim and E. Tardos, EC’14
- Expressiveness and Robustness of First-Price Position Auctions, with F. Fischer and D. C. Parkes, EC’14
Some older papers
- Payment Rules through Discriminant-Based Classifiers, with F. Fischer, P. Jirapinyo, J. K. Lai, B. Lubin, and D. C. Parkes, EC’12 (Best Paper Award)
- Simplicity-Expressiveness Tradeoffs in Mechanism Design, with F. Fischer and D. C. Parkes, EC’11
- An Expressive Mechanism for Auctions on the Web, with M. Henzinger and I. Weber, WWW’11
Click here for full list of publications.